Eurosonic Noorderslag (also ‘we’ or ‘ESNS’) is organized by Stichting Noorderslag, established and based in Groningen, Trompsingel 21 (registered in the trade register under number 02061408).
At ESNS we take your privacy seriously and believe you should know what personal information we collect and how we use it. We have done our best to keep this explanation brief and understandable. If you want to learn more or need more information, you can always contact us via email@example.com.
We ensure you that all personal information handled by ESNS is treated confidentially and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Which personal information do we collect?
- When you purchase a conference ticket, we collect and store your basic information which includes your contact information (ie. email, your name, company name, country, etc.) and payment details. Conference ticketing is managed by our partner organization Buma Cultuur.
- When you purchase a festival ticket, we collect and store general information about you (such as your name, e-mail address and telephone number). The festival ticketing is managed by our (pre)sales partner.
- When you place an order for other services (ie. a hotel room, bus or parking ticket) using our website, we may ask you for personal details such as your name, (e-mail) address and/or telephone number.
- If you are an artist, manager, agent or other artist representative and you apply to play at ESNS we ask you to fill out the artist application form. We need some basic information about the act and representatives, which includes personal data. For example, we ask you for the representative’s contact information, such as name, role, email, and phone number.
- In case you are invited to play at ESNS, our artist production team will ask for the personal details (name, role, email, phone number) of the traveling party, including artists and crew.
- If you as a visitor at one of our events want to make use of a payment method, such as a wristband or debit card, and want to take advantage of our additional services (including money return after the event) you will be asked to create an online account. In these cases, we ask you for your email address and password. In order to refund the outstanding amounts, you will also have to share your personal payment details. ESNS also offers fully anonymous payment methods, however, in this case, you cannot use any additional services during the event, nor can any remaining amount be refunded.
- If you want to participate in the Music Moves Europe Talent Awards Public Choice campaign, and vote for your favourite artist, we will ask you to provide us your basic personal information such as name, email and country of origin.
- Because we take footage of our events (i.e. video recordings and/or photos), you may be filmed during your visit. We reserve the right to use these recordings for both promotional and safety-related purposes.
- In case we knowingly collect the personal data of a child (person younger than 16 years), we will ask parents for their permission. We will collect and use such information exclusively for the purposes specified at the time of collection. This excludes the recordings described above.
How do we use your personal information and why?
- We use your personal information to administer the agreement with you. We will use your personal information when you enter into a contracted relationship with us (if you purchase a conference and/or festival ticket, or if you use other services we offer), so we can:
– process your order
– accept the payment
– provide service messages/customer service
– comply with legal obligations
- We use your personal information for our business needs, such as:
– To conduct market research to improve and adapt our products and services.
– To achieve our marketing objectives.
– To ensure the safety of our activities and participants.
- We use your personal information to:
– keep you up to date with our offers, future events, products, and services. If you want to change this setting, you can unsubscribe or edit your preferences using the link in our emails or request a change via firstname.lastname@example.org.
– include you in our secure delegates database (only applicable for conference visitors). If you wish to be excluded from the delegates database you can request that via email@example.com.
– able to adapt them to your preference.
- We will use personal information that we request in the Music Moves Europe Talent Awards Public Choice:
– contact the winners of the Public Choice award;
- We will use personal information that we request in the artist application form to :
– administer the application;
– book the acts;
- arrange artist production details (ie. booking accommodations, taking care of catering, handling stage production)
ESNS and/or our media partners may make (or have made) video, audio and/or sound recordings during the event in which you, as a visitor, may be featured. We take the right to use these recordings on our website or social media channels (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube) to promote the event. The recordings may be also used by our media partners, online, on radio and/or television as well as made public and/or multiplied on various media channels, without us and/or our media partners owing you any compensation.
Additionally, ESNS creates backups and stores data to ensure optimal performance of our systems. The backups will only be used in case of a failure to restore our systems. The backup data will not be used for any other purposes than described above.
Browsing data, cookies and Google Analytics
To facilitate navigation on our website, we reserve the right, like most other websites, to collect user data using cookies. Cookies are small pieces of information (files) that the website leaves behind on the user’s computer. The website instructs the web browser to store these files on the visitor’s computer. Cookies can be adapted to your preference or turned off through the web browser.
We collect, (temporarily) store and analyze your browsing data to optimize your visit and usage of our website with Google Analytics.
We use this service to follow and receive reports about how visitors use our website. Google may provide this information to third parties if Google is required by law to do so or insofar third parties process the information on behalf of Google. We have no influence on this. We concluded a processing agreement with Google, we anonymized the last octet of your IP-address within Google Analytics and turned off ‘sharing data’, also for advertising purposes. We do not use any other Google services in combination with the Google Analytics cookies.
For your safety and the safety of other visitors, staff, and property, some ESNS locations are video surveilled. The surveillance recordings are monitored live and may only in case of calamities be given as supporting material to government agencies, including the police and judiciary. The surveillance recordings will be destroyed within 4 weeks after the event, unless an incident has occurred in which case the recordings will be destroyed as soon as we consider the incident to be dealt with entirely.
During our event, we collect visitor’s location data with the usage of Bluetooth beacons. These beacons are placed at all ESNS locations. We use this data to offer you additional services, including a personal LiveStory (an overview of visited events) and queue information. What information you share with us depends on your personal app settings.
During the festival, we use FlowSense sensor technology to show how many visitors there are at each venue. The sensors provide a real-time overview of how busy it is at different locations. The data is placed on the website and app to show other visitors a direct overview. The data is collected through WiFi tracking and never resold. All data will be deleted right after the event.
In order to guarantee the visitors privacy, FlowSense and ESNS have taken a number of measures and rules. FlowSense uses MAC addresses broadcasted by the visitors’ devices to track the business at the location. When a MAC address is received in the sensor is immediately converted into IDs (MAC addresses are encrypted and hashed). As a result, MAC addresses are only read never completely saved, only the IDs are stored. These IDs cannot be returned to the original MAC address.
The data that FlowSenses collects is completely anonymous, it does not contain and cannot be linked to any personal information. If you still don’t wish to broadcast the signal to FlowSense, make sure the WiFi port on your device is completely turned off. Even if your device is not connected to a nearby wireless network, FlowSense can detect the signal.
Who do we share your information with and why?
The information we receive we share:
- Within ESNS and with partners who provide services to us. This includes marketing and reporting systems, technical support and invoicing etc.
- With external service providers, also known as data processors. Such services include cloud platforms. These third parties provide the IT infrastructure for our products and systems. For the most recent list of our external service providers click here.
- With third parties who deliver goods and services you purchased (i.e. festival tickets, hotel rooms, bus or parking tickets)
- With government agencies or other competent authorities when this is legally required.
We share your personal information with those third parties, who deliver the products or services for ESNS or on our behalf. The third parties use your personal information so they can process and carry out your order. We have entered into the necessary agreements with such third parties, including Mailchimp and Google, to ensure that your personal data is processed and protected by the European and Dutch law.
Please note that the third parties that deliver services, such as the ticketing platform (Universe Experiences Inc.) and the payment provider (Stripe, Inc.), work according to their own terms and conditions and privacy policies (Universe, Stripe), which you will accept when creating an account with such third party. ESNS has no control over these third parties and is never liable for any action or omission of such third party.
We do not store your personal data longer than necessary. The usual deadline to delete personal data is two years after finalizing your order or application (as an Artist), unless a longer retention period is mandated or permitted under the applicable law.
In case of claims or disputes we may retain data for a longer period to secure evidence.
Your preferences and rights
- If you no longer wish to receive our marketing newsletter(s), you can adjust this setting by using the unsubscribe buttons at the bottom of our newsletter emails. You can also contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will manually adjust the settings for you.
- If you want us to withdraw your from our delegates database, please send us an email to email@example.com.
After you have allowed us to use your personal information, you can still change your mind. Under certain circumstances you have the right to:
- Revoke your consent to process your data,
- Request to delete or not use your data,
- Request a copy of all your personal information we keep about you,
- Request to rectify or update your information,
- Request transfer of the personal data that you have provided to us to a third party of your choice.
Please note that we may ask for a proof of identity before letting you view, add or delete your information.
To utilize one of the rights above, please contact our head office via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that every inquiry will be processed within 4 weeks.
As a delegate or account holder, you are fully responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your personal password and are liable for any actions that happen when this password is used to log into your account.
How we protect your information?
ESNS has put in place appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information against accidental or unlawful processing or loss. These security measures depend on the type of information we collect.
We do everything we can to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorized changes to the data we are administering, by working in safe online environments, keeping our staff informed about the online safety and by aligning our activities with the GDPR standards.
For more information about how we secure your data, please contact us.
Where do we process your personal data?
As an organization operating internationally, we may use services from companies which are located outside the European Economic Area (EEA). When personal information is shared via these services, strict rules apply to ensure that your data is protected on the highest level possible. When your data is transferred outside the EEA, we use one of the mechanisms below to ensure the safety of the personal information.
- The recipient has signed a contract with us based on “model contractual clauses” approved by the European Commission.
- The data is transferred to a recipient that is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework for this kind of data transfers.
How can you get in touch with us?
You can also contact the Dutch Data Protection Authority, however, we advise you to always contact us first.